Spicy Sardines on Toast
4 slices thick-cut sourdough
2 tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp chili flakes
Zest of 1 lemon
1 can (106g) Millionnaires Brisling Sardines Mediterranean
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice
Fresh dill, to garnish
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Season the shallots with salt and toss to evenly coat. Cover with boiling water.
2. Melt half of the butter in a pan over medium heat.
3. Add half of the garlic, chili flakes and lemon zest to the pan and saute for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Place two pieces of bread in the pan, swirling around to sop up the garlic butter. Toast until golden brown and flip to toast the other side to golden brown. Divide any remaining butter evenly amongst the fried bread.
6. Repeat with the second half of the ingredients and the two remaining pieces of sourdough.
7. Drain the shallots, rinse and pat dry with a paper towel.
8. Top toasted sourdough with sardines, shallot, lemon juice, dill and salt and pepper.
Anchovy Paste Recipes & Ideas